Mumbai: A senior officer of the The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Friday said that they will file FIRs against six contractors for faulty road construction works. The BMC had conducted a high level probe last year regarding faulty repair works of 200 roads in the city which caused loss of Rs. 67 crore to the civic body. The second road scam report brought 16 contractors under the BMC scanner for conducting malpractices.
The civic officer said, “We will file FIRs against six contractors named Ms Speco, Ms Preeti, Ms Supreme, Ms Landmark, Ms Prakash, Ms Vitrag and Ms New India Roadways. Three contractors — Ms Shah and Parikh, Ms Mukesh Brothers and Ms RE Infra — were found to be within permissible limit. They have come clean, so we are not taking any action against them.” “We will issue show cause notices to the new contractors and register an FIR against them. The quantum of loss will be reported as Rs. 67 crore,” the official added. Contractors
The quantum of loss will be reported as Rs. 67 crore,” the official added. Contractors Ms RPS Infra, Ms KR Construction, Ms Jay Kumar, Ms Relcon Infraprojects, Ms RK Madhani and Ms Mahavir Infrastructure, who had been indicted in the first phase of the inquiry report, have already been named in the FIR by the BMC.
Thirty officials of the municipal body will also face departmental inquiry for not keeping a check on errant contractors.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)