Indore: Registrations for final round of online counselling for Bachelor of Education (BEd) course ended on Wednesday even as institutes demanded college level counselling (CLC) citing vacancies in the course. “The registration window for final round of online counselling closed on Wednesday. This also marks closure of admission process for candidates who did not register for counselling,” said Sunil Pandya, director of Parijat College.

He said merely 53 percent seats in BEd course have been filled so far. “Two round of online counselling filled merely 53 percent seats. It is unlikely that third round, which is also the final round of online counselling, will be able to fill the remaining 47 percent seats,” Pandya said adding that the department of higher education should allow BEd seats to be filled through CLC round if remained vacant.

Other college directors expressed similar views. Saibaba College director Kamal Irani said colleges offering courses other than BEd and MEd are allowed to hold CLC round for filling vacancies. “Step motherly treatment is given to BEd colleges. We should also be allowed to fill seats through CLC round,” he said.

Malwa Region Education College Association, an outfit of teacher education colleges, said that it would write to commissioner (higher education) allowing BEd colleges to hold CLC round. “If our demand is not met, we will move court,” said Girdhar Nagar, patron of the association. He also stated that the DHE failed to fill seats in MEd course. “Merely 17 percent seats have been filled in MEd colleges in two rounds of counselling. We seek college level counselling for MEd course also,” he said.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in