Indore: The second merit list of students seeking admission in MBA programme has brought a much relief to b-schools that feared this year the admissions would be less in numbers. The merit list released by Directorate of Technical Education contains names of more than 10,000 students.

“To be precise, 10149 students’ names are in the list,” said Comp-feeder AISECT College director Awdhesh Dave. He said that the list contains names of as many as 635 students who took common management admission test (CMAT) and 9,514 who did not.

There are nearly 20,000 seats in around 175 b-schools in the state.  In Indore district alone, over 6,800 seats are lying vacant in MBA (core) programme. In the first round of counselling, which was exclusively for CMAT students, allocations could be made only on 1820 seats out of 20,000 in the state.

The poor allocations had set a general depression in the b-schools. But the second counselling, which was held from July 17 to 27, gave breather for the management colleges. More than 10000 students registered for the course.

“The second round was for both CMAT and non-CMAT candidates. The non-CMAT candidates registered for admission in large numbers,” said Arihant College chief executive officer Kavita Kasliwal. CMAT is an entrance test conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for admission in MBA courses in b-schools in MP and 14 other states.

The state government fills seats in MBA courses through CMAT candidates. If seats still remain vacant after counselling for CMAT candidates, then the government allows admission to non-CMAT candidates in MBA courses on the basis of their qualifying exam scores.

40% seats to be filled in CLC round

The allocations for second round would be made on July 31. If all the students whose names figured in the second merit list are allocated colleges then the total number of seats filled in colleges (including students whose names appeared in first merit list) would be 60 per cent. Remaining 40 per cent seats will be filled through college level counselling (CLC) which will be held from August 10 to 14.

Colleges with maximum admissions

Institute of Management Studies, International Institute of Professional Studies, Arihant College of Management, Shri Vaishnav Institute of Management, Medi-Caps Institute, Pioneer Institute of Professional Studies etc.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in