Indore: Irked over suspension of a junior doctor by divisional commissioner Sanjay Dubey after finding diagnoses reports of a private laboratory with a patient, Junior Doctors Association fired back at MGM Medical College administration and MY Hospital by dashing off a letter to health minister over unavailability of necessary equipments and services in the hospital.
In a letter dated October 16, junior doctors alleged that the rates of diagnoses are higher in the medical facility than a private laboratory, due to which patients prefer private labs over the one in the hospital. They have also attached a comparison list with the letter sent to the divisional commissioner, dean and MY Hospital superintendent as well.
The letter brought to light the unavailability of liver function tests, kidney function tests and lipid profile due to breakdown of auto-analyser in the hospital causing difficulty for patients. It also highlighted that the problem was though informed to the administration by the head of the department about 10 days ago, it hardly yielded any result.
“We have been complaining about the problems to the hospital administration since a long time, but instead of taking action on that, a junior doctor has been suspended without committing any fault. Now, we have officially informed the minister about the problems and waiting for his action,” secretary of Junior Doctor Association, Dr Sonu Patidar said.
The letter also exposed the tall claims of hospital administration on renovation of the hospital done with a whopping Rs 20 crore fund.
– Liver function tests, kidney function tests and lipid profile are not being done in IPD since 6/10/2017 due to breakdown of auto-analyser
– Dialysis and emergency operative procedures require investigations like HbSAg, anti-HCV and HIV, which are not available round the clock. This causes delay in lifesaving procedures. For HIV testing, patient is asked to come to ICTC centre. For bed-ridden patients, investigation is done once in a week only
– Reports of PT-INR and serum electrolytes are not reliable at MY Hospital laboratory. Even reports of serum electrolytes in ABG and auto-analyser in MY lab of the same patient are different
– Many paid investigations at MY Hospital are done at higher cost as compared to other private laboratories
– Investigations like thyroid profile, quantitative CRP, Coomb’s test, ANA, ADA are done only once a week due to which treatment, management and diagnoses of patients get delayed
– Urine routine and microscopy, and stool routine and microscopy are done during OPD hours only and its report released in three days
– Blood culture and urine culture are only done till 6 pm which causes trouble in treating emergency patients
– Trop-I, FDP, D-Dimer, CA-125, AFP, PSA and other diagnoses are unavailable in the hospital