Indore: Fire breaks out in chemical factory

A fire broke out in a factory in Dewas Naka area early on Saturday morning due to electric short circuit. As the chemicals were inflammable, fire engulfed the factory and fire fighters had a tough time in controlling the fire.  The incident took place at the factory of Anil Shukla in SR Compound at 6.45 am.

The people of the area spotted heavy smoke emanating from the factory and they immediately informed police fire brigade. The extent of loss due to fire is yet to be ascertained. According to fire brigade, fire spread as chemicals used in preparing bird feed was kept in the factory, which caught fire. Goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted.

After hectic efforts of more than four hours, fire fighters managed to douse flames using eight water tankers and 460 litres of foam. The fire team left the spot at 11.30 am.

Fire at agriculture equipment shop
Another fire incident occurred in a shop selling agriculture implements at Maharani Road at 12.20 am. After seeing flames, people informed fire brigade. Later, fire team reached the spot and extinguished flames using three water tankers and 60 litres of foam. Electric short circuit caused the fire.

Fire in hardware factory
Third such incident took place at Sanwer Road area at 4.30 am on Saturday. The people informed fire brigade officials about the fire in factory near Deepmala dhaba. Fire brigade controlled the flames using one water tanker. The extent of loss due to fire and reason behind incident remain to be ascertained.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in