India thrashed West Indies by nine wickets in the fifth and final ODI to clinch the series 3-1. India had won the first and fourth matches. The second match ended in an exciting draw while the visitors outplayed India in the third ODI to claim their first and only victory of the tour.
Left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja took four wickets to help India bundle out the West Indies for 104 in just 31.5 overs. Pacers Khaleel Ahmed and Jasprit Bumrah chipped in with two wickets each.
Here are some of the important numbers and milestones that were reached by the Indian players.
- Ravindra Jadeja became the third-highest India bowler to take four wickets in the match against Windies in ODIs, after Kapil Dev and Anil Kumble.
- Rohit Sharma becomes the fastest to smash 200 sixes in ODI history
- Skipper Virat Kohli 453 runs in ODI series against West Indies to finish as highest run-scorer of the series.
- West Indies scored the lowest runs (104) ever against India in ODIs, earlier their lowest was 121 in 1997.
- 105-India scores in 15 overs en-route registering its second biggest win in terms of balls to spare, 211. Earlier, the biggest was 231 against Kenya in 2001.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)