Actor Ranganathan Madhavan turns 47 today. The actor, who made his debut in ‘Rehna Hai Tere Dil Main’ along with Dia Mirza is still going strong. A dusty boy but with a cute smile and dimple on his cheek, his eyes speak a lot, and he had many die-hard fans in the 90s.
He debut as a street gunda cum lover in ‘Rehna Hai Tere Dil Main’ become a favourite in a very short time. His chemistry with Dia Mirza in the film was lovable and the song ‘Zaara Zaara Behkta’ was too sensuous. Another number ‘Kaise Main Kahu Tujhse … Rehna Hai Tere Dil Main’ was is also fresh in the minds.
He acted in a lots of films in Bollyood as well as in Tollywood. In Hindi films, he has done a brilliant job in ‘Dil Vil Pyar Vyar, Tanu weds Manu and Saala Khadoos.
Here are some unknown facts about Maddy
1. His career graph has gone from getting trained with army to electronics degree to public speaking guru to acting. He was also awarded Best NCC Cadet Maharashtra and got a chance to go to England for it. He was even trained with the Royal Army, Navy and the Air Force.
2. At the Maha workshop, he met his wife Sarita Birje in 1991, an air hostess, who attended his class. After completing the course, the pair began dating and married in 1999. A son was born, much before his entry into films.
3. He started his acting career through television. He did many guest appearances in TV, including a role on the Zee TV prime-time soap opera ‘Banegi Apni Baat’ in 1996.
4. He was linked with actress Sada in south and it was rumoured that he was attracted to Bipasha Basu in Bollywood. But, actor Madhavan has always been a loyal husband to his wife.
5. Did you know that he is golf player too? He has appeared in a celebrity charity event in 2007 and has played alongside actor Amitabh Bachchan and director Mani Ratnam.