IIT Madras, the organising body for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019, has begun the application process for GATE 2019. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the exam on the official website gate.iitm.ac.in. The last date to apply without any late fee is September 21. The exam will be held on February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019.
The GATE brochure states, “The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using a virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.” The GATE 2019 examination will be conducted for a total of 24 papers. A new paper Statistics (Code – ST) has been added.
How to apply for GATE:
Step 2: Get yourself registered as a new user using a valid email ID and mobile number
Step 3: Then, log in to your account using your enrollment ID and password
Step 4: Fill in all the required details in the prescribed format
Step 5: Upload photograph, signature, and complete the payment process
GATE 2019: Important dates
- The application process begins: September 1
- Last date to apply: September 21
- The extended closing date for submission of (Online) application: October 1
- Last date for change of examination city (an additional fee will be applicable): November 16
- Admit cards: January 4, 2019
- Gate 2019: February 2, 3 and February 9, 10, 2019 (9 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm)
- Result declaration: March 16, 2019