Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath here on Saturday stated that development and good governance are the essence of ‘Ram Rajya’. Taking a dig at state Congress president Kamal Nath, Adityanath said Nath’s party don’t want the votes of SC-ST people and want only the votes of Alis (Muslims). Yogi also congratulated Nath for seeking only Muslim votes and said “We (BJPwallas) are fans of Bajrang Bali who lives in the heart of every downtrodden.”
Adityanath was addressing a mammoth election meeting at Shahid Park in support of BJP candidate Mohan Yadav from Ujjain South. Taking a dig at Congress president Rahul Gandhi, he said that it is an ideological victory of BJP that the Congress president is now visiting temples and showing his janeu (pious thread) to public.
“This is quite significant development as Rahul’s grand maternal father used to describe himself as a Hindu by accident though Gandhi portrays himself as Sanatani Hindu,” the UP chief minister said. He further stated that when Rahul visited Somnath Mandir, the temple priest rebuked him as he sat at namazi (in a posture when a Muslim offers prayer) instead of seeking blessings with folded legs.
The UP CM further said, “I don’t know why the Congress leaders are fighting the election in Madhya Pradesh and how they are dreaming to come back to power. To dream, one must possess purushartha (efforts). Works should also be done in that sequence.” Congress has promised to waive off loans of farmers, if they are voted to power in MP, but they failed to do it in Punjab, he said.
Congress cannot make any state progressive as the meaning of Congress resemble with bankruptcy. This party made the country bankrupt. They fully explored the country and time-to-time handed over it to terrorists, naxalites and antisocials. They also ruined the social fabric by spreading the venom of caste and community. “It is a high time to fulfill the dream of Mahatma Gandhi who wanted Congress to be dissolved after Independence. I would ask you to finish Congress permanently by sinking it in Kshipra river,” Yogi stated.
“Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan took the state on the path of prosperity during 15 years of his regime. Farmers are being provided highest bonus, per capita income increased to manifold and GDP ratio also saw high progress. It has become now a power surplus state. School and professional education has been streamlined. Mafias have been finished,” he claimed
The BJP star campaigner started his speech as saying, “I am here in the city of Mahakal whose seat cannot be governed by anybody. MP is governed by only Shiva and Shivraj Singh Chauhan would become the CM once again.” Even the Congress leaders are agreed on it, he quipped.
He concluded his speech saying, “People of MP live in peace and harmony. UP where communal riots used occur on every second day, is peaceful today. Nobody dare to make communal riot now. Dharm Sabha is going to be organised in Ayodhya on Sunday and you just imagine that I am in the Mahakal city because everybody believes that no untoward incident will occur in UP now. Those elements who used to disturb peace have been taught a lesson.”
Prominent among those present on the occasion included Maharashtra cabinet minister Pankaja Munde, Central Simhastha Fair Organising Committee chairman Makhan Singh Chauhan, Member of Parliament Chintamani Malviya, mayor Meena Jonwal, former minister Babulal Jain and BJP national spokesman Gopal Krishna Agrawal. Anil Jain Kaluheda conducted the proceeding while Jagdish Panchal proposed the vote of thanks.
- Ujjain North candidate and energy minister Paras Jain did not turn up at the meeting venue. Party insiders said, he was afraid that Yogi’s election meeting may annoy Muslim voters of his constituency.
- Party strategists wanted the venue of Yogi’s meeting at Panwasa, but it was changed at the eleventh hour so that residents of ward-40 and 41 can attend it. BJP wants to consolidate its position in these wards.
- Jubilant audience and particularly youngsters were shouting slogans, “Mandir vahin banaenge.”
- Yogi started his speech chanting Bharat Mata ki jai, Vande Matram and har-har Mahadev. Whenever he touched Hindutva, the audience loudly applauded him.
- Yogi concluded his speech shouting “Jai-Jai Shriram”. In his closing remarks, he said, “Bajrang Bali ka sankalp lein ki BJP ko jitaenge. Itni badi sankya main log aae hain. Yahan parda kyon lagaya hai, Bhaiyya ye burka humare samne mat lagaya karo. Humne to teen talak se bhi Muslim bahanon ko mukt kar unhein nyay dilane ki pahal ki. Matra shakti ka isse bada samman koi dusra nahin ho sakta. (Take oath in the name of Bajrang Bali to ensure BJP’s victory. People have come in such a large number. Why curtains have been put on the right side of the dais. See I don’t like veil as we had taken the initiative of relaxing the Muslim sisters from triple divorce. No step other than this can be taken for the dignity of woman power)