CST-Masjid Bunder fire: A kite was the reason for break out of fire  

Mumbai: A fire broke out in the slums at the LCC compound on Monday around 6.20 pm at Dana Bunder area between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) and Masjid station. The reason of fire have now been deciphered, the children were flying kites near the station. While flying the thread attached to the got stuck onto the overhead wire near station. A child started tugging on the thread from the overhead due to which, the overhead wire broke, and, feel onto a cottage. Due to the sparks of the wire a cylinder exploded, affecting 15 cottages and a godown.

According to reports, Around 6.20 pm fire broke out close to platform no 18 of CST.  Six children was injured near tracks at masjid station. Ramzan Imran Shaikh (13), Salman Imran Khan (12), Jirro (12), Rehman Shaikh (10), Vinayak and Sameer were injured, and, admitted to hospital. While Ramzan sustained 70 per cent burn injuries, others suffered 10 to 20 per cent injuries.

According to Chief Fire Officer, Prabhat Rahangdale, “It was a level three fire. The fire brigade officials received a call at 6:07 p.m. Within eight minutes, twelve fire tenders reached the spot. 8 water tankers doused the fire. It was declared as a Level III fire, signifying high intensity, by 6:22 p.m. The fire was brought under control in an hour.”

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in