Bollywood has introduced many talented actresses. Some of them are known for their beauty, and some of them are known for their acting. Amid all, there was one actress in the 90s who made everyone crazy with her cute smile and beautiful face. Yes, we are talking about none other than, Namrata Shirodkar.
So, on this Sunday, let’s take a look at some unknown facts about the actress Namrata Shirodkar
- Namrata Shirodkar born on January 22, 1972, in a middle-class Maharashtrian family of Goan origin. She is a younger sister of popular actress Shilpa Shirodkar and grand daughter of late veteran Marathi actress Meenakshi Shirodkar, who stunned the audience by wearing a swimsuit in 1938.
- Namrata Shirodkar is a former Miss India 1993. The actress has also appeared in Miss Universe Pageant and came fifth in the contest.
- Namrata made her acting debut with the film Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai (1998) opposite Salman Khan. Namrata’s actual debut film was Purab Ki Laila Pachhim Ki Chhaila with Akshay Kumar and Suniel Shetty but it never released.
- Namrata worked in many popular films like Vaastav, Pukar, Astitva, Kacche Dhaage and so on.
- Apart from films, Namrata was also famous for her alleged relationships. Namrata Shirodkar was allegedly dating a restaurateur Deepak Shetty after entering Bollywood. Reports were also stating that she was in a live-in relationship with Deepak Shetty and secretly got married to him. However, things went bad between them as they broke up.
- Namrata’s career was getting worse until she met her godfather director Mahesh Manjrekar who gave her a second big break in his hit film, ‘Vaastav’.
- Surprisingly, during the making of Vaastav, Namrata came closer to already married Mahesh and they allegedly started dating each other. Mahesh and Namrata were very much serious in their relationship as they reportedly started living together. However, Mahesh’s wife Medha Manjrekar kept mum on this issue.
- Mahesh and Namrata live in Hyderabad. Mahesh Babu is 3-years younger to Namrata. The duo has kids – son Gautam and daughter Sitara.
- People who don’t know, Namrata took retirement from acting after she got married to Mahesh Babu. She has also gone on record saying that, “Mahesh was very clear. He didn’t want a working wife.”