Baisakhi, also known as Vaisakhi or Vasakhi, is the harvest festival traditionally observed in the Punjab region. It marks the ripening of the rabi harvest. Hence, the day is observed by farmers as a tribute to the god for the abundant harvest and to seek blessings for future prosperity. The celebration is characterised by food and Bhangra – their traditional harvest dance. The festival also holds historical and religious significance in Sikhism and is celebrated with great fervour. Baisakhi is marks the founding day of the Khalsa community and is celebrated by organising processions where people walk on the streets, chant hymns to spread the message of God. People visit Gurudwara and offer prayers. ‘Khada Prasad’ is distributed to the devotees. The festival also sees ‘Nagar Kirtan’, the procession involves singing of holy hymns from the Guru Granth Sahib –the Sikh holy book. People visit Punjab’s Talwandi Sabo, a place where Guru Gobind Singh resided for nine months and completed the Sikh holy book. In 2019, Baisakhi falls on April 14.
If you wish to share Baisakhi wishes with your loved ones, we bring to a list of messages, images and greeting to share on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS.
- May you harvest all the fruits of your hard work from the previous year.
- Baisakhi is here to celebrate and enjoy.
Time to dress up and get ready,
To dance and sing.
Happy Baisakhi to you and your family.
- From miles away, I’m sending my heartiest wishes on your way.
- Celebrate this year’s day of bountiful harvest!
May this year be filled with prosperity, abundance, and success.
- Sending my heartfelt wishes on the auspicious occasion of Baisakhi.
I wish you enjoy this festive day with high spirits and great joy.
- May the cheerful festival of Baisakhi usher in good times and happiness that you so rightly deserve.
- I wish this Baisakhi brings all the joy and happiness to you and your family.
- On this auspicious occasion,
May Waheguru Ji accept your hard work and reward you a life full of success.
- As you celebrate the festival of Baisakhi,
I am sending my warmest wishes to you,
For everlasting happiness and prosperity.
- May you get showered with blessings of God while you walk on the path of truth.
- On this Vaisakhi, let us pray it will be a year of a new peace, new happiness, and an abundance of new friends.
May God bless you throughout the coming season.
- I express my heartiest wishes to you and your family on the wonderful occasion of Baisakhi.
May this be the start of a lucky year ahead!