How do you think that a Tata or an Ambani, a Bajaj, or a Birla accumulates fortune? All of them accumulate fortune through the application of the same principles that are available to each and every one of us. We envy them their wealth. We don’t ever think of studying their philosophy. We don’t think of appropriating their philosophy to our own use. We look at a successful man at the hour of his triumph. We don’t look at the period when he was struggling to become successful.
The first quality that successful people have is an ‘Idea’. This is the beginning of all successful achievements. For example, Henry Ford founded the philosophy that one need not pay the minimum wages to a worker, but instead pay them the maximum wages possible as the profits will permit.
There are many of us who want money but we don’t know how to earn it. That is because we have not bothered to discover ourselves. We don’t know our talents, our abilities and our skills. All these lie dormant in us. Once you arouse these qualities, you should experiment with them, play with them, and only then you will know how to use them.
The chief factors which influence a person to develop his or her ability to act, to function and to operate effectively can be classified as follows:
- One should develop the habit of finding out the good qualities in the other person and speak about them freely and openly.
- Conversation is an art. It should be made with conviction and persuasion .
- It would be worthwhile to develop a positive attitude that exudes optimism.
- Fourthly, radiate warmth through your expressions, enthusiasm and exuberance.
- Attract other people by attracting yourself to them.
- Know what you are doing, love what you are doing and believe in what you are doing.
- Take other people’s help when needed but do things on your own terms.
- Be clear in your mind what you want to achieve.
- Reward yourself when you achieve something, and
- Be honest to yourself.
Life is a continuous challenge. The tide of life can be turned not through luck and circumstances but by catching the flood and generating the power to create events and making them yield results.