RBI approves e-vouchers to support COVID-19 vaccination of poor

FPJ Web DeskUpdated: Wednesday, June 09, 2021, 12:36 AM IST
article-image
The group has been spreading awareness among the common people encouraging them to get themselves vaccinated as it is the only potent weapon to combat coronavirus/ File |

Keeping in mind the needs of Indian population, the centre issued revised guidelines. Under these guidelines, the government planned to issue non-transferable electronic vouchers. The government stated that these e-vouchers have been approved by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).

In the revised guidelines issued on Tuesday, the Union health ministry said, all citizens are entitled to free vaccination. It also stated that there are no restrictions to those who wish to go to private hospitals and get vaccinated.

"To promote the spirit of ‘Lok Kalyan’, use of non-transferable electronic vouchers which can be redeemed at private vaccination centers, will be encouraged. This will enable people to financially support vaccination of economically weaker sections at private vaccination centres," the revised guidelines said.

The revised guidelines will come into effect from June 21, 2021 and will be reviewed from time to time. So far, around 23.61 crore vaccine doses have been administered under the nationwide vaccination drive.

As announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday, the revised guidelines stated that the Government of India will procure 75 per cent of the vaccines being produced by manufacturers in the country. The remaining 25 per cent will be given to private sector.


On June 8, India reported less than 1 lakh daily new cases after 63 days. Meanwhile, 86,498 new cases were reported in the last 24 hours; lowest in 66 days.

(If you have a story in and around Mumbai, you have our ears, be a citizen journalist and send us your story here. )

(To receive our E-paper on WhatsApp daily, please click here.  To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Union Budget 2023: A teaspoonful of 'amrit' for all

Union Budget 2023: A teaspoonful of 'amrit' for all

Union Budget 2023 fails to meet expectations of salaried class, says AIBEA General secretary

Union Budget 2023 fails to meet expectations of salaried class, says AIBEA General secretary

Union Budget 2023 from a consumer's point of view

Union Budget 2023 from a consumer's point of view

Union Budget 2023 falls flat on transport sector's expectations: All India Motor Transport Congress'...

Union Budget 2023 falls flat on transport sector's expectations: All India Motor Transport Congress'...

Union Budget 2023: Missing 'one market-one tax', GST rationalisation, says GROMA secretary

Union Budget 2023: Missing 'one market-one tax', GST rationalisation, says GROMA secretary