New Delhi: Connaught Plaza Restaurants Private Limited (CPRL), that operates McDonald’s chain of quick service restaurants in northern and eastern India, Sunday said it has re-opened 13 restaurants in Delhi NCR.
CPRL, which is now wholly owned by McDonald’s, after its estranged partner Vikram Bakshi transferred his share in the JV to the US-based firm, had temporarily shut down its 160 stores. All other restaurants in North and East region would remain closed, but the company plans to re-open them “over the coming days and weeks”, McDonald’s India said in a statement.
We are thrilled to have started the re-opening process and look forward to serving our customers a more authentic McDonald’s experience at these first 13 locations now open for business in Delhi,” said Rob Hunghanfoo, Head of CPRL. “We will continue to work around the clock and plan to gradually re-open more restaurants in the coming days and weeks,” he said.
Meanwhile, McDonald’s India and its estranged partner Vikram Bakshi have been directed by the Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT) to appear before it and deposit the proceeds of the proposed settlement with respect to their joint venture firm CPRL.
Earlier this month, fast food chain McDonald’s reached an out-of-court settlement with Bakshi, buying out Connaught Plaza Restaurants Pvt Ltd from the joint venture.