New Delhi: India’s largest telecommunications services provider, and Amazon India (“Amazon”) have come together to ring in an entertaining and exciting new year for customers. Under a first of its kind offer in India, new and existing Airtel Postpaid customers with an Infinity plan of Rs.499 or above will get a one year Amazon Prime membership, worth Rs.999 and includes unlimited access to Amazon Prime Video, as part of their plan benefits (at no additional cost).
Customers can watch and enjoy Amazon Prime Video and have access to over 11 million Prime eligible products, early & exclusive deals, special discounts and more, while shopping on Amazon.in—all as part of the Prime membership provided with their postpaid plan. The offer for one year of Amazon Prime is activated exclusively through the Airtel TV app. Access to Prime Video is available after downloading the Prime Video app on supported devices to begin streaming a broad selection of the latest and exclusive movies, TV shows, stand-up comedies, kids’ programming and Amazon Prime Originals.
“We are thrilled to come together with Airtel to make Amazon Prime benefits directly available to more customers,” said Akshay Sahi, Director and Head of Amazon Prime India. “This move enables seamless access to Amazon Prime for Airtel Postpaid customers, providing a world of new video streaming content and more. We think subscribers will love the many benefits of Prime, including the latest binge-worthy Amazon Prime Video content, unlimited free fast delivery on millions of items, exclusive deals on top products, and more.”
Sameer Batra, CEO – Wynk said, “This partnership is a major milestone in Airtel’s endeavour to build a world-class content platform. With Airtel TV, we are stepping up the value proposition and offering a complete digital entertainment experience to our Postpaid and Home Broadband users. By making Prime Video available to our customers for a year at no additional cost, Airtel TV is now able to offer one of the largest and most exciting entertainment experiences. We look forward to working with Amazon to delight customers with great benefits backed by a seamless experience.”
Vijay Subramaniam, Director, Content, Amazon Prime Video India, said, “We are delighted to associate with Airtel to bring Prime membership to Airtel’s consumers. At Amazon Prime Video, we are focused on bringing the latest and exclusive content to India. This exclusive offer enables us to reach Airtel’s significant customer base across the country, providing entertainment – anytime, anywhere on a reliable service, with great playback quality and low data usage.”
- · Prime membership benefits include unlimited free fast delivery on eligible items from India’s largest online selection of products, early & exclusive access to deals & discounts on Amazon.in, and unlimited access to Amazon Prime Video, offering a vast content selection including the latest and exclusive movies, TV shows, stand-up comedies, kids’ programming and Amazon Prime Originals.
- Customers can activate the offer through their Airtel TV app and then download the Prime Video app to begin watching Amazon’s award-winning shows
- The Airtel TV app already offers customers access to over 300 LIVE TV channels and over 6000 popular movies and shows.
- The benefits will also be available to Airtel V-Fiber Broadband customers.
To take advantage of this offer, customers follow these steps:
1. Upgrade to Rs.499 or above Infinity Postpaid plans, which come with large bundles of data, unlimited Local, STD and National Roaming calls, data rollover (up to 200 GB), and device protection.
2. Download the Airtel TV app from the App Store or Google Play get.airtel.tv/amazon. Open the Airtel TV app and click on the special Airtel – Amazon digital card (available only to eligible Airtel customers).
3. Signup for Amazon Prime by registering a phone number and password – no credit card or additional information required since customers receive this at no additional cost from Airtel.
4. Download the Prime Video app and begin streaming a broad selection of the latest and exclusive movies, TV shows, stand-up comedies, kids’ programming and Amazon Prime Originals.