Pune, Maharashtra, India
Alfa Laval – a global supplier to the vegetable oil Technology and Gold Sponsor of Globoil 2014 presented a variety of new innovative solutions with focus on high yield and sustainability during 26-28th September at Mumbai.
Alfa Laval has for many decades provided the technologies, experience and engineering capabilities that enable players in the vegetable oil, speciality and animal fat industries to operate their key processes at maximum efficiency with high yield and product quality as well as minimum environmental impact. Offerings range from complete process solutions to individual components and after sales services for maximum reliability and uptime.
Visitors got the opportunity to hear about the company’s many widely recognized process solutions as well as several new innovations that offer sustainable alternatives to traditional processing technologies.
For producers of vegetable oil, protein etc.
- Alfa Laval SoftColumn Dual-Strip, a new process for physical refining with continuous deodorization and deacidification especially suitable for very large capacities. It is a further development of the company’s widely used packed column technology. Compared to standard deodorization technologies, the Dual-Strip process delivers oil with improved quality and maximum efficiency.
- Enzymatic degumming with biological catalyst for gum removal, combined with SoftColumn continuous deodorization has demonstrated its value at numerous vegetable oil refineries. Benefits include up to 2% oil recovery, less consumption of chemicals and energy, less by-products and effluent plus higher yield with same or even better oil quality.
- Alfa Laval TocoBoost®, a new technology (patent pending) to recover high value by-product streams enriched in micronutrients such as tocopherols, tocotrienols, sterols and squalene from the deodorizer vapour steam. These can be used for e.g. food or feed ingredients, dietary supplements, health care and cosmetic products.
- High pressure hydrogenation, a new process for hardening of soft oils after bleaching and before deodorization. Operated at 20 Bar it generates less trans fatty acids plus allows faster production and higher capacity compared to low pressure hydrogenation at around 6 bar, for which Alfa Laval has delivered a number of plants.
- Processes for significant reduction of trans fatty acids (TFA), even to below 1%, e.g. allowing customers to change from chemical to physical refining
- Other oils and fats modification processes like post-refining (post-bleaching and deodorization of hydrogenated oil and fats) as well as chemical or enzymatic interesterification.
Processes for extraction of vegetable protein, sugar and fibre from e.g. rape seed, sun flower, yellow pea, and granola.
For producers of Soya Protein Isolate & Soya Protein Concentrate.
- Alfa Laval’s modular process for extraction of protein from soya flakes and precipitation of soy protein isolate (SPI) even includes effluent treatment. It is based on highly efficient Foodec decanters, disc stack centrifuges and membrane filtration. Alfa Laval supplies the latest technology which gives higher yield and product purity ensuring almost zero discharge plant by manufacturing of bi-products and re-circulation of water. Alfa Laval uses most hygienic and efficient way to process soy protein isolate and have capability of design, engineering, manufacturing, supply, erection and commissioning of process line from soy Flakes to soy protein isolate and concentrate.
- Versatile Alfa Laval Ageratec processes for (trans-) esterification and advanced glycerol treatment (AGT) can turn virgin fats and oils as well inedible and high FFA by-products of vegetable or animal origin plus used cooking oil into biodiesel.
Presentation at the conference
Mr. Bent Sarup, GM, Vegetable Oil technology Business Unit, Alfa Laval, Sweden, presented “Recent Developments in Edible Oil Processing”; Edible oil refining can be challenging to keep as a profitable business, and companies are looking for ways to increase the profitability. Recent technology trends and developments will be reviewed, including use of enzymes for degumming as well as creating additional value from byproducts, such as extracting enriched tocopherol product streams from deodorizer destillates.
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of specialized products and engineering solutions based on its key technologies of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling.
The company’s equipment, systems and services arededicated to assisting customers in optimizing the performance of their processes. The solutions help them to heat, cool, separate and transport products in industries that produce Process food and beverages, chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, starch, sugar, Life science and ethanol.
Alfa Laval’s products are also used in power plants, on-board ships, in the mechanical engineering industry, in the mining industry and for wastewater treatment, as well as for comfort climate and refrigeration applications. Alfa Laval’s worldwide organization works closely with customers in nearly 100 countries to help them stay ahead in the global arena.
Alfa Laval is listed on Nasdaq OMX, and, in 2013, posted annual sales of about SEK 29.8 billion (approx. 3.5 billion Euros). The company has today, after the acquisition of Frank Mohn AS about 17 500 employees.
Today Alfa Laval (India) is one of the few companies in India that has access to world class technologies. It has five modern production units, a nationwide network of 16 field offices for being close to our customers and provide local trouble shooting assistance and on–the-spot-availability utilizing three dedicated service centres which enables the company to give unmatched product range and unparalleled service.
Media Contact Details
|Dhiraj Singh, General Manager, Process Food Technology, Alfa Laval (India) Limited, +91-8605954455, email@example.com|
|Sanjay Rathi, Market Unit Manager, Vegetable Oil Technology, Alfa Laval (India) Limited, +91-9822015722, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rajita Kumar, Regional Communication Manager, Alfa Laval (India) Limited, +91-9881714877, email@example.com|