Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh): A total of 11 cows were electrocuted to death, because of the alleged negligence in Singrauli district on Wednesday. The district administration has ordered a probe into the incident.
The incident took place at village Jiyawan in Deosar Tehsil of the district. According to information, the district received heavy rainfall with strong winds on Tuesday night. This led to tree uprooting and power supply damage in several areas of the district.
In Jiyawan, a power supply line of 11KV fell on a field. The villagers who spotted the broken power supply line, informed power distribution company. The power supply resumed in the morning without repairing broken supply line.
As the electric current spread across the farm, the cattle came in contact and died on spot. On receiving information, senior officials of power distribution company and district administration reached the spot.
Deosar sub divisional magistrate Vikas Singh said a probe was ordered by the district collector. “I have conducted a probe and submitted report. A gross negligence of power distribution employees has been found. Further action will be taken as per district collector’s order,” he said, adding that villagers have been assured that compensation will be given to them against their loss.