CM also fixes power connection charge for agriculture use on yearly basis œ Chauhan’s Bid to reap rich harvest at Kisan Mahapanchayat in poll- bound year
Bhopal: In a bid to get support from farmers in the election year, chief minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan on Sunday announced hike in bonus of Rs 50 per quintal on procurement of food grains on minimum support price ( MSP).
The MP farmers, who are already getting a bonus of Rs 100 on food grain purchase, will after this announcement, get Rs 150 per quintal. He also fixed power connection charge for agriculture use on yearly basis.
Addressing a massive gathering of farmers in Kisan Mahapanchayat, held at Jamboree Maidan, on Sunday, Chauhan flayed the UPA government for ignoring the demand of increasing MSP of wheat to Rs 1,600 per quintal.
Slew of benefits to farmers
- A special drive will be launched to provide copy of land records to farmers.
- Public service guarantee law will be implemented to deal with cases of ownership change and property division.
- Core banking will be expanded for the benefits of farmers.
- Payment will be made to milk producers through banks.
- Electronic balance will be installed in all Krishi Upaj Mandis
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)