Universities and colleges across the state are expected to introduce digital lockers in the new session. Once started, all records of universities and students like mark sheets, degrees etc will remain available 24X7 and students can access them from anywhere anytime.
In its first phase, mark sheets and degrees of students will be integrated at the digital locker of concerned university. A special online conference in this regard will be held on September 30. Experts from Madhya Pradesh Agency for Promotion of Information Technology (MAPIT) will explain university officials on how to register and become a stake holder in this process. Registrars of all private and government universities have been instructed to remain present.
Aimed to promote paperless governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents and certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. Citizens who sign up for a DigiLocker account get a dedicated cloud storage space linked to their Aadhaar number.
Organisations that are registered with digital locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates like degrees, mark sheets, driving licence, school certificates etc directly into their lockers. These documents can be electronically signed using the eSign facility.
Organisations that are registered with digital locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates directly into citizens’ lockers.
Digital locker benefits
1. Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time saving
2. It reduces government department’s administrative work by minimising paper use
3. Digital locker makes it easier to validate documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers
4. Self-uploaded documents can be digitally signed using eSign facility (which is similar to self-attestation)
Key stakeholders in DigiLocker system
* Issuer: Entity issuing e-documents to individuals in a standard format and making them electronically available. Here, it will be the university or college
* Requester: Entity requesting secure access to a particular e-document stored within a repository like tentative employer etc
* Resident: An individual (student) who uses digital locker based on Aadhaar number