Fire consumes library, furniture of Kunjilal Dube Sansadiya Vidyapeeth

Many priceless books lost

BHOPAL: The entire library, furniture, woodwork, ACs and coolers of Pt. Kunjilal Dube Rashtriya Sansadiya Vidyapeeth (National Parliamentary Seat of Learning) across the road from Raj Bhavan were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out post-Monday midnight.  Short circuit seems to be prima facie reason behind the fire.

The Fire Brigade people were immediately informed but the fire fighters had to struggle for four hours to douse the fire. Assessment of damage has not been done. But the books destroyed include several irreplaceable ones. Vidyapeeth senior official Sanjiv Mathur talking to Free Press said, “The entire floor was gutted. Furniture, library and woodwork have turned to ashes.

The fire broke out at 2.00 am. The watchman Ramkishore noticed that the window panes were cracking. When he came out, he informed the fire brigade and other officers. Fire engines arrived to douse the fire. Short circuit seems to be reason behind the fire”.

Watchman Ramkishore said, “I came on duty at 1.30 am and before it, the other watchman was making rounds. We noticed the fire and immediately informed the fire brigade “. According to fire brigade men, fire fighters were dispatched to douse the fire. The cell got information at 2.10am.  Gas cylinders were safely removed otherwise a big mishap could have happened. Raj Bhavan and Old Vidhan Sabha are quite close to the Vidyapeeth.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in