Burhanpur/ Khaknar : Lakhs of materials, farming equipments and fodder was gutted in the devastating fire, which broke out in the farmer’s barn situated in village Nimandad, about 2 km from tehsil headquarters, at around 2 pm on Tuesday. Two fire fighters from Burhanpur and Shahpur rushed to the village after 3 hours todouse the fire due to which villagers faced many problems.  However, there were no causalities.

As per the information received, on Tuesday afternoon at around 2 pm, fire suddenly broke out in the barn of farmer Ravindra Patil wherein his farming equipments including land crasher, PVC pipe, motors of tube well, pumps, fodder for the cattle etc were gutted in the fire. Patil informed that even his tractor got damaged due to fire but with the help of villagers, he took it out.

It may be noted that there were no fire fighters in the village, due to which villagers had to control the fire. Moreover, fire fighters from Burhanpur and Shahpur reached at the spot after three hours and they doused the blaze after more than two hours of the battle.

Just a day before, former MLA Ramdas Shivhare demanded fire fighter for the tehsil and asked collector Awasthi and MLA Rajendra Dadu for it. Villagers complained that had there been a fire fighter in the tehsil, fire would have been controlled much earlier and the farmer didn’t have the face much loss.

Tehsildar KC Gautam inspected the barn, and directed the patwari to evaluate the loss.

“In the primary investigation, it was found that the fire incident took place due to short circuit. Khaknar Police have registered the case and the further investigations are on. ” – Lakhan Singh Baghel, station in-charge, Khaknar

(To download our E-paper please click here. The publishers permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in