Valuables worth Rs 200,000 were gutted in a major fire that broke out in a car showroom near Lalghati. The showroom is located in front of divisional commissioner’s office. The fire was discovered by employees in the Sai Ford showroom on the first floor when they were busy working on ground floor and then they tried to douse flames using fire extinguishers but they had to inform fire brigade.
The fire broke out at around 12 pm and it soon spread onto the first floor and damaged the furniture kept there.It could have been worse if it had spread on to the ground floor where four four-weelers worth Rs 35 lakh were kept.But before it could cause any further damage fire tenders had arrived and it took the team an hour to douse the flames. The reason of fire was not known as no one was there on the floor at the time.
However, short circuit is seen as the reason for fire. The loss of valuables were said to be Rs 200,000 lakh. The fire would have wrecked havoc in the nearby shops as well if it had not been controlled in time by the fire brigade. Krishna Sharma, sales head of Sai Ford said the computers and other furniture were gutted in the fire and there were eight employees inside when it broke out.