Bhopal: Major fire in Ravindra Bhavan, none injured

Bhopal: A major fire broke out in the control room of Ravindra Bhavan’s auditorium due to short circuit on Thursday afternoon. However, no causalities or injuries were reported in the incident.

Preliminary estimates put the loss at around Rs 1 crore as electronic equipment gutted in the blaze. The fire, which started around 11:30 am, was brought under control after two hours by 12 fire tenders and six water tankers.

Timely action by the staffs of the Bhavan averted major damage to the Bhavan. At the time of incident, preparation of news channel programme was going on in which ministers Rustom Singh, Bhupender Singh and Gaurishanker Shejwar were invited.
The fire damaged the audio control room situated in the third floor of the auditorium. The room used to operate light and sound system. After getting information of the incident, principal culture Manoj Shrivastava, commissioner culture Rajesh Prasad Mishra and other officials reached at the spot.

“The fire erupted due to short circuit in audio cable in control room. Nobody was injured in the incident,” said Shrivastava.
“All prior bookings have been cancelled till further orders due to short circuit this afternoon at the Ravindra Bhavan auditorium. All those concerned have been notified to collect their deposited amount,” said Mishra adding “The open air stage programmes will however continue on the Bhavan premises. Public Works Department has been authorized to find out the causes for the short circuit and damage to the auditorium.”

“I don’t know reason of the fire but as we saw the fire, we immediately informed the fire brigade. However, there is no damage to other portion of the auditorium that was renovated recently. The quantum of the damage to property is being assessed,” said Manmohan Singh, manager of the Ravindra Bhavan.

“After getting information, we sent eight fire brigades. The fire was so huge that we had to break the glass of outside auditorium to emit smoke. Since the fire caught in cable so we didn’t use water first. I don’t know the exact reason of fire,” said Sazid Khan, chief fire official of Bhopal Muncipal Corporation.

The Ravindra Bhavan, established in 1984, is a major hub for hosting cultural programmes in the city. It was second major fire incident after 1992 in the Bhavan.

– Blaze due to short circuit
– Preliminary estimate puts loss at Rs 1 crore
– Electronic equipment gutted

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in