Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh): With the onset of monsoon season in Madhya Pradesh, the power distribution company (discom) under MPVVK on Monday issued an advisory urging people to follow simple safety guidelines and maintain distance from electricity poles, transformers.
The advisory from MPVVK said, “Turn off the switches of electrical appliances which are not in use continuously and make sure that when you are home. Make sure that your hands are not wet when you remove or insert a plug.”
“Make sure to use ISI marked electrical equipment. For example, especially bathrooms, showers and in the geyser. The main switch should be turned off in case of water logging, and earth leakage circuit breaker should be installed,” the advisory read.
Electric shock can range from minor pain to severe burns and cardiac arrest. The electrocuted person may develop symptoms like low pulse rate, shortness of breath and even fainting.
Electric Shock may be due to the reasons like bad equipment, damaged wire or extension board, electrical appliance in contact with water and faulty home wiring.