BJP candidate for Bhopal Lok Sabha seat Sadhvi Pragya Thakur begs for livelihood. She has been charged with terrorist act, murder, attempt to murder and Explosive Substances Act. Pragya Thakur filed her ‘muhurat’ nomination with district returning officer on Monday but will be filing her official nomination on Tuesday.
Lawyers of Thakur had come to Bhopal to prepare the affidavit, specially related to her criminal cases. According to the affidavit filed by her, an FIR was filed with Azad Nagar police station, Malegaon, district Nashik in 2008. The cases against her at Special NIA Court in Mumbai include MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act) Special Case No 1/2009, MCOCA Special Case No 8/2011 and NIA (National Investigating Agency) Special Case No 1/2016.
Other sections under which she has been charged include Section 18 Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) along with 302, 307, 324, 326, 327 etc and Indian Explosive Substances Act 1908. Cases related with terrorist activities are charged under the UAPA.
Pragya Thakur has Rs 90,000 cash and two bank accounts. One of the accounts has a balance of Rs 88,824 while another has a balance of Rs 11,000. Her overall assets value Rs 4,44,224. In education, Thakur has mentioned that she completed graduation in 1994 from Lahar Government College, affiliated with Jiwaiji University, Gwalior. She completed her MA in 1996 and BPeD in 1997 from Barkatullah University in Bhopal.
- With filing of her affidavit, controversy related to her age too came to an end. According to her affidavit her age is 49 years. She hasn’t mentioned her date of birth.
- A controversy had erupted when she gave statement that she had razed the Babri mosque. Some posts on social media, including some reputed ones, claimed that her date of birth was April 1988 and questioned how she could participate in Ayodhya movement at the age of four.
- Mentioning the bullion and jewellery, Pragya Thakur mentioned that she owns a gold chain and locket weighing 15 grams each and gold ring weighing 5 gram.
- Thakur’s love for silver could be judged by the fact that she has a silver dinner set that includes four silver Katori (bowls), one thali, one plate, one big and three small glasses and one silver Lota. Moreover she has two silver rings and three silver bangles.
- Sadhvi also owns a Silver brick with Ram engraved on it and a silver ‘Kamandal’ weighing 2 Kg worth Rs 81,000.
- She has mentioned ‘begging/dependent of society’ as her source of income.