Guna: Three children were electrocuted while they were taking a bath at a tubewell in Jawali Rai village in Guna district on Thursday, police said.

The incident occurred in the afternoon under Mayana police station jurisdiction and the deceased were identified as Vijay, 8, son of Lallu Barela, Ritik, 6, son of Bheem Singh Barela and Bablu, 6, son of Dinesh. Police prepared panchanama and handed over bodies to the kin after postmortem. During preliminary police investigation it was revealed that the incident took place after a live electric wire fell into the water tank in which children were taking a bath.

Eye witnesses informed that the incident occurred at Lallu Barela’s farm when the harvest work was going on. As Barela family members were busy in the harvest work, Vijay, Ritik and Bablu went to take bath at tubewell. As soon as children switched on the pump, current spread in the tank. All three kids died on the spot. Deceased family members immediately switched of the power supply and took children to the district hospital where doctors pronounced them brought dead.

As soon as news spread in the town, district collector Rajesh Jain, MLA from Bamori village Mahendra Singh Sisodia, Congress president Yogendra Lumba and other public representative reached the hospital and consoled the bereaved family members. Collector handed over Rs 10,000 each to the deceased kin as ex gratia for cremation.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in