Bhopal: 300 pigeons killed in house fire

Over 300 pigeons died after a fire broke out in a house located near Mangalwara. The pigeons were raised by Owais Khan, a furniture shop owner. Authority of fire department said that the reason of blaze fire is still to be ascertained, however they said that short circuit might have led to the fire. Two fire brigades and an FRV (first response vehicle) bullet were sent to douse the flames.

The house area is situated in a congested lane and it took extra time for the tenders to reach the site. Around 4.30 pm, Khan spotted saw smoke coming from fourth floor of his house. He runs his furniture shop on the ground floor, while other floors were used for raising pigeons. It took an hour for the team to douse the flames with the help of water and foam.

Fire fighter Pankaj Yadav said that fire broke out on the fourth floor of the house where pigeons were kept. After getting the information, we rushed to the spot. There was no firefighting arrangement in the house even as a furniture shop was operated there. The trend of raising pigeons is there in the area as the birds are used in some championships. Khan however could not be contacted for his version.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in