- Toyota Yaris gets new Optional variants for J, G and V trim levels.
- New entry-spec variant comes with 3 airbags only, compared to 7 airbags being offered as standard earlier.
- Yaris still a petrol-only sedan with choice of both 6-speed manual and 7-speed CVT.
- Yaris also gets dual tone exterior and new diamond-cut alloys.
- Toyota Yaris now priced between Rs 8.65 lakh to Rs 14.07 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India).
The compact sedan offering from Toyota has been struggling to register competitive sales figures for the past few months. Now, the Yaris has been updated with a reshuffled variant list and refreshed aesthetics, as well as a lower starting price of Rs 8.65 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India).
It is still offered with the 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 107PS and 140Nm. It can be had with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed CVT automatic transmission. The Toyota Yaris gets three new variants in addition to the existing four variants in the lineup.
Here’s the full price-wise (ex-showroom, pan-India) variant list of the Yaris:
- The Yaris’ entry point has come down to Rs 8.65 lakh from Rs 9.29 lakh, a drop of Rs 64,000.
- The new J & G Optional variants are more affordable than the regular J & G variants.
- Being equipped with 3 airbags (driver, front passenger and driver knee) as standard instead of 7 is part of the cost cutting.
- Higher variants of the Yaris also get safety features such as front parking sensors, up to 7 airbags, vehicle stability control, hill assist, reverse camera and front and rear fog lamps.
- The new dual-tone exterior paint option, gloss-black front grille and ORVMs, and new diamond cut alloys are only available with new V Optional trim.
- The dual-tone Yaris is available in four colour options: Wildfire Red, Grey Metallic, Super White and Silver Metallic.
- The V Optional variant comes with leatherette upholstery and leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, previously limited to the top-spec VX variant.
- Unlike the J Optional and G Optional variants, the V Optional is pricier than the regular V-grade trim while filling the price gap till the top-spec VX variant.
- Yaris continues to be offered with features like tyre pressure monitoring system, roof-mounted AC vents for rear passengers, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment display and cruise control amongst others.
- New accessory package for J & G optional variants comes with front splitter, rear bumper spoiler, bootlid garnish, side moulding, centre console box, mood lighting, leather seat covers.
- The Yaris’ infotainment system still doesn’t get Android Auto and Apple CarPlay but these are available as an extra on the J & G optional variants.