UPSC exam row: Centre says English marks should not be included
• Some UPSC aspirants speaking on TV against CSAT are weird.Dont like English,don’t like Maths,don’t like logical reasoning.What would you like to be tested on? — pratyasharath
• UPSC aspirants aim to be IAS Officers but can’t answer simple English passage questions. Govt bowing to them now. Future looks screwed. — RonnieTheWalker
• Aspirants from Hindi heartland cannot be regarded as representatives of entire lot of aspirants. Eng is also an equalising language. — amruta_prakash
• The decision to not to count eng comprehension marks in UPSC CSAT effectively make candidates from non hindi areas second class citizens. — msrji
• Chances are UPSC might embarrass govt now by coming out in public against the decision . —kamalkothwala
• My personal opinion: Make UPSC tough. We don’t need non-english speaking babus holding bilateral dialogs globally. No English, No babu. End.
• I don’t mean to sound like an elitist but it is tragic that future IAS/IFS officers can’t manage BASIC English. — rashi_kakkar