New Delhi: Pope Francis, the 266th and current Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, joined the photo-sharing social network site Instagram today. He made his debut on the social network site, under the name ‘Franciscus’, the Verge quoted the Vatican radio.
The opening of the Pope’s Instagram account would increase his strong presence on social media platforms.He already has a Twitter account with the hashtag @ Pontifex that has nearly nine million followers.
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 as a free mobile app. The service rapidly gained popularity, with over 100 million active users as of April 2012 and over 300 million as of December 2014. The service was acquired by Facebook in April 2012 for approximately USD one billion in cash and stock.
- Political throwback! When Lal Bahadur Shastri coined ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan’ slogan to make India self-sufficient nation
- Ravana was born in Noida village: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- Asia Cup 2018 Ind vs Pak: Confident India look to continue dominance over Pakistan (Preview)
- Rupee’s fall indicates rise in black money: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- PM Modi launches ‘Ayushman Bharat -Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana, world’s largest govt funded healthcare programme