Yangon [Myanmar]: Myanmar Police has detained a Singaporean and a Malaysian journalist for flying a drone over a parliamentary building in Myanmar capital Nay Pyi Taw.
According to Turkey’s Anadolu news agency, police said journalists Lau Hon Meng from Singapore and Mok Choy Lin from Malaysia – both working for Turkey’s state broadcaster, TRT (Turkish Radio and Television Corporation), were detained along with their fixer and driver shortly after they flew a drone near the parliament compound
“They were now facing charges under the import and export law for possessing a drone that imported to the country without permission,” said Sann Aung, a police officer at Zebu Thiri township’s police station.
“Based off the ongoing investigation, they will probably face further charges,” he added.
Police is further investigating the matter.
- Around 34 percent Sepsis patients in India die in ICU: Study
- Mumbai: No court relief for woman who burnt 9-month pregnant daughter-in-law
- Indore: It now takes 15 minuts to reach Krishnapura bridge from Rajwada
- World Heart Day: Wockhardt distributes 5,000 stress balls to corporate staffers, police officials
- ‘Dus Numbri’ filmmaker Madan Mohla’s ‘Chautha’ ceremony held in Mumbai