London : In more bad news for embattled Nawaz Sharif, British authorities have arrested two of the former Pakistan prime minister’s grandsons here over a scuffle with anti-Sharif protesters, according to a media report on Friday.
The verbal argument between the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz’s (PML-N) opponents and Junaid Safdar, the son of party supremo Sharif’s daughter, Maryam Nawaz, alongside Hussain Nawaz’s son Zakariya, quickly turned into a physical brawl moments before the Metropolitan Police arrived to break up the fight, Geo News reported.The brawl broke out near the Avenfield House, where the Sharif family owns four apartments, reports PTI.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan took a jibe at his rival Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), saying those who have gone to receive embattled former prime minister Nawaz Sharif at the Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore were “donkeys.” Addressing a rally here on Thursday, Khan said, “How will Muslim Leaguers go to the airport to receive Nawaz Sharif? Will they tell their children that they went to welcome the thief (Sharif) who had looted billions of rupees from the country?”
He asserted that no PML-N party worker with a clear conscience would go to the airport to receive Sharif. “And whoever will go to receive him will be a donkey (fool),” according to The News International report quoting Khan. Khan added, “The father and daughter have stolen Pakistan’s wealth and they are coming to the country while waving their hands (to the people). They are thieves and now they are defying the law.”
- IPL’s lost talents! Parvinder Awana: Once a Kings XI mainstay, he lost his way
- Bizarre Bollywood: 5 songs that are funny, catchy but have bizarre lyrics
- West Indies vs Bangladesh 1st ODI: FPJ’s dream XI for West Indies and Bangladesh
- Parents Day 2018! Bareilly Ki Barfi to Kapoor & Sons, Bollywood parents are coming of age
- After working with Janhvi Kapoor, I know I have a friend for life: ‘Dhadak’ star Ishaan Khatter