Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party Christian Democratic Union (CDU) has dismissed proposals from its sister party Christian Social Union (CSU) to impose a limit on the number of refugees admitted to the country.
“As far as an upper limit is concerned, my position is clear: I will not accept it,” Merkel said at her annual “summer interview” with television channel ARD on Sunday night.
Merkel’s comments placed her at odds with CSU leader Horst Seehofer, who has openly mulled over making a cap on refugees a condition for forming another coalition with the CDU, Xinhua news agency reported.
- ‘Dude, Where’s My Car’ director Danny Leiner passes away at 57
- DM, SP among 12 injured in clashes over Durga idol immersion
- Ujjain: Chidananda for resurrecting river Kshipra’s pristine glory
- Ujjain: Hardik Patel pays obeisance to lord Mahakal
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly Polls: BJP to cast a ‘magic spell’ on voters