Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party Christian Democratic Union (CDU) has dismissed proposals from its sister party Christian Social Union (CSU) to impose a limit on the number of refugees admitted to the country.
“As far as an upper limit is concerned, my position is clear: I will not accept it,” Merkel said at her annual “summer interview” with television channel ARD on Sunday night.
Merkel’s comments placed her at odds with CSU leader Horst Seehofer, who has openly mulled over making a cap on refugees a condition for forming another coalition with the CDU, Xinhua news agency reported.
- Harvey Weinstein seeks dismissal of Ashley Judd blacklist suit
- Hopeful of saving reservation for SC/ST and OBC, says Prakash Javadekar
- Amitabh Bachchan and daughter Shweta’s jewellery ad creating distrust in the banking system, says Bank Union
- UPSSSC declares VDO Recruitment Exam 2016 Final result, check at upsssc.gov.in
- Karnataka board declares SSLC supplementary exam results, check results at karresults.nic.in