Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party Christian Democratic Union (CDU) has dismissed proposals from its sister party Christian Social Union (CSU) to impose a limit on the number of refugees admitted to the country.
“As far as an upper limit is concerned, my position is clear: I will not accept it,” Merkel said at her annual “summer interview” with television channel ARD on Sunday night.
Merkel’s comments placed her at odds with CSU leader Horst Seehofer, who has openly mulled over making a cap on refugees a condition for forming another coalition with the CDU, Xinhua news agency reported.
- Bollywood’s Forgotten Stars: 10 interesting facts to know about Vansh actress Ekta Sohini
- Rani Lakshmi Bai: TV actresses pay tribute to queen of Jhansi on her birthday!
- Chef special: Interesting hotdogs you must try
- Restrictions defied in Srinagar to attend militant’s funeral
- Birthday Special: 70s sensation Zeenat Aman turns 66; her iconic looks revisited