Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party Christian Democratic Union (CDU) has dismissed proposals from its sister party Christian Social Union (CSU) to impose a limit on the number of refugees admitted to the country.
“As far as an upper limit is concerned, my position is clear: I will not accept it,” Merkel said at her annual “summer interview” with television channel ARD on Sunday night.
Merkel’s comments placed her at odds with CSU leader Horst Seehofer, who has openly mulled over making a cap on refugees a condition for forming another coalition with the CDU, Xinhua news agency reported.
- Murali Vijay and Dinesh Karthik may play 3rd Test together; read why the two Tamil Nadu batsmen are not friends anymore
- You won our hearts: Bollywood celebs thank Benjamin Netanyahu
- Chalo StartUp: If you’re thinking of doing a startup, don’t do it alone
- When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Vivek Oberoi shared same frame, in Benjamin Netanyahu’s ‘Bollywood selfie’
- ICC U-19 World Cup 2018: Prithvi Shaw poses with a baby, picture goes viral