The Parsi New Year, also known as Navroz, marks the beginning of the Iranian calendar. The literal meaning of ‘Navroz’ is ‘new day’ and is the first day of the Persian year. In other parts of the world, ‘Navroj’ is pronounced as ‘Nowruj’ or Nooruj’. In India, the Parsi community, follower of Zoroastrianism, celebrate the festival with full enthusiasm. The origin of the festival dates back to 3,000 years and was started by the mighty emperor Jamshed, who introduced the new calendar in Persia. To celebrate the day, Parsis dress up in traditional attire and visit fire temples. There is a tradition to offer fruits, flowers, milk, and sandalwood to the fire and pray for prosperity, health, wealth and forgiveness for any sins committed knowingly or unknowingly. The festival falls on the on the spring equinox – the day when both North and South pole have sunlight making day and night of equal duration. In 2018, Parsi New Year falls on August 17. Here are wishes, greeting, and images to share on WhatsApp, Facebook.
- Like birds, let us leave behind what we don’t need to carry.
Grudges sadness pain fear & regrets
Life is beautiful, enjoy it.
- As the New Year begins,
Let us pray that it will be a year with peace & happiness,
God bless you throughout the new year.
- May your life be an example for many,
Wishing you a year filled with joy and happiness.
- May the glory of King spread all over,
May Lord praise us in galore,
Let’s pray for happiness and prosperity.
May this Parsi New Year give us happiness.
Lasting ever and ever!
Happy New Year!
- May the candlelight, flame your life,
May you always be happy and victorious,
May the sunshine create glorious mornings,
May all your darkness fly away,
Happy New Year!
- Dedicate this year to humanity and the betterment of the world.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous Parsi new year 2018!
- All things bright and beautiful,
All things good & true,
All things fine and wonderful,
All these are wished for you on this day and always!
- Wishing all family members and dear ones a Happy Pateti.
May you all have a happy, peaceful and prosperous Year ahead,
May you achieve success in every facet of life,
and all your heartfelt wishes come true.
Wishing you a Happy New Year of Happiness & Prosperity.
Happy New Year.
- May God bless you
On this auspicious day,
And bring in peace and happiness
Today and always.
- Sending my warm wishes for a Happy Parsi New Year!
May the day bring you good fortune and success.
May God bless you today and forever.
- May this year greet you with fragrant days that are colourful as a rainbow, As bright as the sunshine,
As happy and cheerful as a lark.
- G-4 Ministers from India, Brazil, Germany, Japan review UNSC reform
- 11-month-old baby dies on a Qatar Airways flight while travelling from Doha to Hyderabad
- Asia Cup 2018: Watch! Furious Shoaib Akhtar blasts Indian news anchor for ridiculous Swachh Bharat jibe
- Supreme Court dismisses plea challenging Justice Ranjan Gogoi’s appointment as next CJI
- Anupam Kher wishes former PM Manmohan Singh on 86th birthday; urges to watch ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’