New Delhi :The warm breeze and long sunny days of summer definitely calls for some chill time at home and what better way to spend the day than preparing cocktails and sipping them with friends and family, reports IANS.
Afzal Kaba, brand ambassador of United Spirits, brings you some cocktail recipes that you can effortlessly create at home.
- Chasing the Sun: Perfect for a summer home party! Muddle some lime wedges and add them to a mason jar. The Mason jar is sure to give a chic and trendy look to your drink. Pour Smirnoff No. 21, classic premium vodka, into the jar and add a few pieces of fresh orange. Top it with sugar syrup and garnish with a lime slice. Chasing the Sun is ready to amaze you and your friends!
- Summer Sunset: As the name says it, watch the sun go down with this one. Start off by adding small pieces of watermelon, cucumber slices and mint leaves to a mason jar. Add 3-4 ice cubes and squeeze two slices of lemon. Pour Smirnoff No. 21 into the jar and top it with ginger ale. Garnish with a mint sprig and you’re done!
- Coffee Cooler: This is for those who don’t want to compromise on their share of coffee this summer. Pour Smirnoff Espresso, cold black coffee and butterscotch syrup into a cocktail shaker, and shake well. Strain this into a martini glass. Sprinkle some coffee powder and serve. Experience the best of both worlds – the tempting aroma of coffee and the sweetness of butterscotch.
- Green Apple Martini: Tingle those taste buds as you lounge on a lazy summer afternoon. Pour Smirnoff Green Apple, Lime juice and Apple juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and there you are. Your Green Apple Martini is ready to be savoured.
- Sunny Surprise: This is a simple and delicious drink, perfect for a cool-off on a hot day. Blend Smirnoff Red and Orange vodka, orange chunks, cocoa syrup and sweet and sour. Add ice cubes and blend again for 45 seconds. Pour into a champagne flute. Add a twist of orange peel and enjoy the break.