Baisakhi, also known as Vaisakhi or Vaiskhakhi, holds historical and religious significance in Sikhism and is celebrated with great fervour. The day is celebrated as the founding day of the Khalsa community and also marks the celebration of harvest festival. The day is celebrated in the first month of Bikram Sambat Hindu calendar on April 13 or 14. The day is celebrated by organising processions where people walk on the streets, chant hymns to spread the message of God. People visit Gurudwara and offer prayers. ‘Khada Prasad’ is distributed to the devotees. The festival also sees ‘Nagar Kirtan’, the procession involves singing of holy hymns from the Guru Granth Sahib –the Sikh holy book. People visit Punjab’s Talwandi Sabo, a place where Guru Gobind Singh resided for nine months and completed the Sikh holy book. In 2018, Baisakhi falls on April 14. If you are planning to wish your loved ones on Baisakhi, we bring to a list of messages and greeting to share on WhatsApp, Facebook, and SMS.
- May the cheerful festival of Baisakhi usher in good times and happiness that you so rightly deserve.
- May Wahe Guruji accept your good deeds, bring all the years full of love and contentment.
- On this Vaisakhi, let us pray it will be a year of new peace, new happiness, and an abundance of new friends.
May God bless you throughout the coming season.
- As you celebrate the festival of Baisakhi,
I am sending my warmest wishes to you,
For everlasting happiness and prosperity.
- Baisakhi is here to celebrate and enjoy.
Time to dress up and get ready,
To dance and sing.
Happy Baisakhi to you and your family.
- From miles away, I’m sending my heartiest wishes on your way.
- Celebrate this year’s day of bountiful harvest!
May this year be filled with prosperity, abundance, and success.
- May you get showered with blessings of God while you walk on the path of truth.
- I express my heartiest wishes to you and your family on the wonderful occasion of Baisakhi.
May this be the start of a lucky year ahead!
- I convey my heartiest wishes to you and your family on the glorious occasion of Baisakhi.
May this be the beginning of a lucky year ahead!
- Jet Airways mid-air horror: 166 lives hung by a thread
- Birthday girl Kareena Kapoor’s 5 avatars that hit back at ‘body-shaming’
- India vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2018 Super 4: FPJ’s dream XI prediction for India and Bangladesh
- India vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2018 Super 4 Live streaming: When and where to watch in India
- Shilpa Shetty open to doing movies again