People often visit India and have a lot of plans. But, to cover a country as big and diverse as India gets a little overwhelming. So, if you are planning a trip to India, especially for the first time, it’s a good idea to look for some of the reputed vacation packages in India. These packages offer great tours at reasonable rates. These are guided packages that have transport and accommodation included.
The most famous route taken in India is the Golden Triangle Tour and it includes the capital city , Delhi and Amristar and Agra. If you have decided on completing the golden triangle tour on, here are some the tips and tricks for a comfortable trip
HOW TO BEGIN THE TOUR
I personally would suggest that you take the route – Delhi to Jaipur, Jaipur to Agra and then Agra to Delhi. If you wish to travel otherwise or are confused, do check out the various vacation packages in India. These packages will ensure that you have a successful trip.
PLACES TO VISIT DURING THE TOUR
The Golden Triangle is a very fascinating tour, it showcases the true spirit of India – lined with bazaars, temples, mosques and many cultural spots, it keeps the journey interesting and fun. There is a reason why people keep coming back for this particular tour, and you are about to know why!
The tour is called the “Golden Triangle” because it covers Delhi, Jaipur and Agra, that is, three major cities from three major states – Delhi NCR, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The word Golden denotes the beautiful sights and the extraordinary religious and architectural wonders that are on the way.
The first major city and the capital of India, Delhi is a very promising tourist destination. It has something to offer for every age group and is so big, that you can keep exploring the city for about a week and still find new things to do or places to visit. It is the hub of all activities, fests, religious events, etc.
On the Golden Triangle tour, if you have the time then you can visit most of the monuments in Delhi as you start or even when you are on your way back. However, if you ask me the most important monuments, the ones you must visit then I would recommend –
- Red Fort – this fort is so big, that it houses several palaces and other structures inside the complex. It is a magnificent display of architecture during the Mughal era.
- Qutub Minar – the towering monument with small, intricate carvings is quite a sight. You must visit this place to know about the religious and cultural beliefs during the Mughal rule.
- India Gate – a war memorial made during the British era to remember the brave soldiers that laid their lives during the World Wars. It has a memorial where each morning the soldiers light up the big torch. Throughout the day it is quite busy with visitors and vendors selling ice-creams, chips, namkeen and other small things.
- Chandni Chowk – if you are interested in shopping and do not want to spend a lot of money, then you must visit Chandi Chowk. It has all the new trends, first copies of big brands, shops that sell export rejects or export surplus and many places that have the best wedding collection, shoes, jewelry, accessories and what not.
- Taj Mahal – Built on the banks of the River Yamuna, this monument has been on the list of the Seven Wonders of the World since a very long time. Only marble was used in its construction and the entire place was decorated with precious gems. This is the mausoleum of Shah Jahan’s beloved wife. It has big, lush green gardens and fountains which compliments its white beauty.
- Agra Fort – near the Taj is another palace which was built to mirror Taj. This is also a very important tourist spot and has a very sad, chilling story behind it. For those who love the Taj for its pristine beauty, will love this place for its history.
The city is known as the “Pink City” owing to the fact that most of the houses here have pink walls and it looks very pretty from a higher ground.
- Hawa Mahal – the palace has been made in such a way that it needs no artificial ventilation. Lined with hundreds of windows, it is very breezy even in the desert area.
- City Palace – this place is famous for the impressive architecture and intricate designs on the walls. A historical monument that now houses several pieces of the Rajputana history is a must visit.
- Local Markets – now this is one place where you must stop for a little bit of shopping. You can buy the local print of Lehariya or the Bandhni print. I also like the jewelry that is available here and I would suggest you pick up some silver pieces. You can also buy the decorative pieces which will always remind you of this awesome trip!