Free Press Journal
  • ‘Seedhi baat’ with Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das

    The Jharkhand government claimed that the Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das in Seedhi Baat programme reviewed a total of 22 cases. This programme which was attended by secretary Sunil Kumar Barnwal and other officials of different departments.

  • Cop among 3 killed in Delhi shoot-out

    New Delhi : Three persons, including an Assistant Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police were shot dead and a constable was injured, in an apparent case of gang rivalry, police said Monday.

  • Indore: ‘GST will have less tax load’

    Indore: Sudip Gupta, an exponent of Goods and Service Tax (GST) and deputy commissioner of Commercial Tax Department (CTD) has said that while drafting the new indirect tax structure, it has been maintained that there should be less tax element. However, after rolling out GST, tax may be increased on some items while others may have less tax load.

  • Ujjain: Mayor rebukes senior officials for attending MIC meeting without properly assessing budget

    Ujjain: Mayor Meena Jonwal convened a Mayor-in-Council (MIC)’s pre-budget meeting on Wednesday. She reprimanded senior officials of different departments for attending the meeting without fully assessing the budget. She also asked deputy commissioner Sanjay Mehta, executive engineer OP Goyal, assistant engineer Arun Jain and assistant engineer in- charge Rajeev Gaekwad to go home and come back in dress code.

  • Ujjain Municipal Corporation deputy commissioner convenes meeting

    Ujjain: A meeting concerning the complaints on CM help line number was convened by deputy commissioner Manoj Pathak. He directed all the L1 officials to check their IDs regularly and attend the complaints on regular basis. All the complaints should be solved on L1 level, said Pathak in the meeting.

  • Indore: GST council puts cross-empowerment debate to rest

    Indore: With the debate among members over cross-empowerment in GST put to rest, GST Council came out with the decision that 90 % of the taxpayers with a turnover of up to Rs 1.5 crore would be dealt by state while the rest 10 % by Centre and in case of taxpayers having turnover of over Rs 1.5 crore, Centre and state will share 50% each, informed Sudip Gupta, deputy commissioner, MP commercial tax

  • police

    Over 6,000 hate crimes reported in UK post-Brexit

    London: More than 6,000 hate crimes have been reported to police in England, Wales and Northern Ireland in the wake of the referendum paving a way for the UK to exit the European Union, official figures have revealed. There was a slight fall in reports in the first half of July compared with an initial spike in the days before and after the June 23 vote, the BBC reported citing the National

  • Now, pact for hassle-free entry for Indians into US

    Washington : India and the US have signed an MoU to facilitate hassle-free entry of Indians into America at selected airports by providing speedy security clearances for pre-approved, low-risk travellers from the country.

  • Colonizer held for fraud

    Indore : Lasudia police have nabbed a colonizer, who had defrauded a number of people on the pretext of selling plots in Tulsi Nagar.

  • 5 to 7 Don Bosco  students feared dead Kurla eatery fire

    Mumbai  : In one of the worst fire tragedies in recent times, eight people perished in a major blaze that broke out in Hotel City Kinara in Kurla (West) at around 1.30 pm on Friday, which was possibly caused by a gas leak that was ignited by a combustible article. Several people were injured.

  • Stop being moral busybodies, cops told

    Mumbai : Young lovers, middle-aged and elderly people seeking some privacy in this concrete jungle that is Mumbai, can heave a big sigh of relief.

  • Society denies the row was over non-veg food

    Mumbai : Despite the big row over non-vegetarian food in a society in Dahisar on Thursday, it now transpires that the fight was not over diet but over some petty issues.

  • Commercial Tax officers raid two mobile shops

    Indore : A 22-member team of Commercial Tax Department raided at two mobile shops on Wednesday. The team has launched the survey under the supervision of Deputy Commissioner Dharmapal Sharma and it is believed that tax evasion of lakhs of rupees will be exposed.