In 1969, engaged in a bitter power struggle with the old guard in the then ruling Congress Party, Indira Gandhi sought to burnish her pro-poor image by resorting to the simple stratagem of bank nationalisation. Fourteen banks were overnight placed under the control of babus in the finance ministry. And that has been the bane of the public sector banks ever since.
Home / bank nationalization
- BJP workers stage protest against Rahul Gandhi’s remarks on PM Modi, dispersed by police
- Japan: Woman arrested for keeping baby’s body in locker for years
- Koffee with Karan 6: Siblings Arjun and Janhvi Kapoor to make first joint appearance on KJo’s couch? Read to know
- Ancient Mars may have supported underground life, claims study
- ‘Takht’ jodis revealed! Alia Bhatt paired with Vicky Kaushal, Janhvi Kapoor with Ranveer Singh?
AUTOMOBILES— Sep 24, 2018 03:02 pm Upcoming Cars New Hyundai Santro Launching On October 23: The AH2 hatchback, which will, in all probability,
AGONY AUNT— Sep 23, 2018 06:47 am Separation sorrows I am a mother of an 8-year-old child who is very well behaved and obedient. On the
Golden Goose sells these crumbly ‘Superstar’ sneakers for Rs 38,000; Twitterati can’t believe it, here’s their reaction— Sep 21, 2018 07:05 pm Internet is filled with many odd and weird things and sometimes weird things get famous, the same happened
WEB SPECIAL— Sep 24, 2018 08:57 am As Ganesh Chaturthi 2018 came to an end, devotees flocked to bid adieu bappa on the occasion of Anantha
PERSONAL FINANCE— Sep 24, 2018 12:10 pm The new India is a beacon of shining hope and the youngsters today are better equipped with technology
EDUCATION— Aug 30, 2018 04:54 pm The results of the AIBE which is All India Bar Examination (12) 2018 exam was declared on Wednesday.
HOROSCOPE— Sep 25, 2018 09:01 am Want to know what’s in store today for you? Read our Daily Horoscope by Nilikash P. Pradhan, and find
NaMo RaGa Toons: 5 reasons why Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi are the Tom and Jerry of Indian Politics— Jun 19, 2018 04:14 pm Today is Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s 48th birthday. On this occasion, his nemesis Indian Prime