New York : Social networking website Facebook will soon introduce a feature on its Events page that will allow users attending the same event to connect and share rides. A recent patent application from Facebook suggests that the social networking giant has interesting plans in store for its Events page. The patent filing specifically details how the site’s Events page could also double as a ride-sharing centre, BGR reported on Friday.
The feature will add two sub-listings to the “Going” selection — “Going and driving” and “Going but not driving” — to the existing three basic response options — Going, Not Going and Interested. The patent also suggests that it could pair up riders based on common interests like music and even based on shared alma maters, the report said.
Meanwhile, web tech magazine Engadget said a patent app does not mean the company will actually implement the feature. For now, though, the users will have to rely on hailing an Uber through Messenger feature that it launched on Christmas using which people in the US could use Facebook Messenger to book an Uber cab and simultaneously alert their friends in a chat thread.
- Forget push up bras, Malaika Arora reveals her inexpensive hack for a sultry cleavage
- Rajkummar Rao hikes fee post ‘Stree’ success? Read to know
- News Alerts! Sunanda Pushkar case: Delhi court adjourns case till October 4
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan writes to Indian PM Narendra Modi; seeks to re-start bilateral talks
- Jet Airways mid-air horror: Five passengers suffer ‘mild conductive deafness’