Mumbai : Defending champions Fleetfooters FC and Maryland United played out a goalless draw in the concluding Group ‘A’ League match of the third Borivali Premier Football League (BPFL), conducted by the Borivali Sports Foundation under the auspices of the MDFA at the St Francis D’Assisi High School ground, Borivali (West).
With both the teams already assured of progressing to the semi-finals, the match hardly witnessed much excitement. Both the teams did not go flat as neither of them was prepared to risks injuries to any their players.
There were a couple of attempts at either end, but the match finished in a goalless stalemate.
Fleetfooters and Maryland United, both finished with the equal number of 11 points and qualified for the semi-finals from Group ‘A’.
But, Fleetfooter with a better goal-difference of +11 (Gf 12, Ga 1) were placed at the top of the group, while Maryland +9 goal difference (Gf 11, Ga 2) took the second spot.
In another match, Gorai FC riding on Niraj Bhandari’s lone strike prevailed over Ruthless SC by a 1-0 margin to record their first win in the competition. In the first semi-finals, Fleetfooters will clash with ND2 Soccer Starz and Maryland United will take on Milan Club in the second semi-final.
- Atal Bihar Vajpayee health updates: Modi re-visits at AIIMS to inquire former-PM’s condition
- Jammu and Kashmir: 4 soldiers injured as gunfight breaks out along LoC in Nowgam
- Ajit Wadekar: Man who made Indian captaincy coveted
- New JBL portable speaker in India for Rs 21,999
- News Alert: Vajpayee health updates: PM Modi arrives at AIIMS