Mumbai : Defending champions Fleetfooters FC and Maryland United played out a goalless draw in the concluding Group ‘A’ League match of the third Borivali Premier Football League (BPFL), conducted by the Borivali Sports Foundation under the auspices of the MDFA at the St Francis D’Assisi High School ground, Borivali (West).
With both the teams already assured of progressing to the semi-finals, the match hardly witnessed much excitement. Both the teams did not go flat as neither of them was prepared to risks injuries to any their players.
There were a couple of attempts at either end, but the match finished in a goalless stalemate.
Fleetfooters and Maryland United, both finished with the equal number of 11 points and qualified for the semi-finals from Group ‘A’.
But, Fleetfooter with a better goal-difference of +11 (Gf 12, Ga 1) were placed at the top of the group, while Maryland +9 goal difference (Gf 11, Ga 2) took the second spot.
In another match, Gorai FC riding on Niraj Bhandari’s lone strike prevailed over Ruthless SC by a 1-0 margin to record their first win in the competition. In the first semi-finals, Fleetfooters will clash with ND2 Soccer Starz and Maryland United will take on Milan Club in the second semi-final.
- Pakistan vs Australia 2nd Test Day 4 at Abu Dhabi: Live cricket score; Live streaming; When and where to watch in India
- In pictures! Varun Dhawan and Katrina Kaif shoot for Koffee with Karan season 6
- Rajasthan: Commercial Tax Officer arrested for accepting bribe
- ND Tiwari: Achievements, controversies marked his long run in politics
- Pope Francis indicates willingness to visit North Korea