New Delhi: Indian Super League (ISL) champions Chennaiyin FC on Wednesday signed five of All India Football Federation (AIFF) academy players. The five players — Anirudh Thapa, Prosenjit Chakraborty, Jerry Lalrinzuala, Baoringdao Bodo and Bedashwor Singh — are at present training at French club FC Metz.
The boys who were scouted by the national football governing body in 2012 have been part of the triumphant Indian U-16 squad in the U-16 South Asian Football Fedeartion (SAFF) Championship in 2013, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-16 Qualifiers (in Kuwait in 2013), and the Indian squad in the SAFF U-19 Championship.
Besides, they also played a stellar role in AIFF’s academy retaining the U-19 I-League title earlier in 2016. Chennaiyin are presently paying for all expenses for the five AIFF academy products during their training stint at FC Metz.
- India vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2018 Super 4: FPJ’s dream XI prediction for India and Bangladesh
- India vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2018 Super 4 Live streaming: When and where to watch in India
- Shilpa Shetty open to doing movies again
- Want to be part of diversity wave in Hollywood: Ali Fazal
- Maharashtra: 5 including 3 kids dead as truck rams auto-rickshaw