Thane: Three people allegedly raped a 16- year-old girl near here and one of them recorded the act and uploaded it on social media, police said. They have been arrested, they said. The trio, residents of a village in Thane district’s Sahapur Taluka, forcibly took the girl to a nearby jungle and took turns to rape her repeatedly, Inspector at the Khinavali police station, Arun Phegade, said. The incident took place in November last year, but a complaint was filed by the victim on February 9, police said.
Based on the complaint, the accused — Dhanji Patil, (23), Bharat Valimbe (24) and Nitin Patil (22) – were arrested on February 10, they said. One of them recorded the act on his mobile phone and posted the video on social media, police said. The police said that one of the accused was a watchman in a local company and the other two labourers. They are in police custody till February 15, they said. The trio has been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, police said.
- Sohrabuddin case: Will CBI move plea to continue with judge Mohite-Dere?
- Sridevi no more: ‘Hawa Hawai’ gone with the wind
- Maharashtra govt fails to address housing shortage issue, slammed for not utilising project fund
- Sridevi No More: Shocked fans mourn the untimely death of ‘Hawa Hawai’ girl
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar hospitalised for dehydration, low blood pressure