34 villages from Thane, Mira-Bhayander, Bhiwandi Municipalties and zilla parishads (District Council) gets water from Shahad Temghar Water Authority (STEM). STEM was originally build to distribute in this 34 villages.
In 2015-16 of its financial year, STEM has made a profit of Rs 27 crores. STEM that was in loss for past four years, has now got a big sigh of relief. The water leakage that use to happen has also been taken care by the company.
STEM company was started in 2010, and, since the day company started, it has been suffering loses.
|2013-14||Rs 29 lakhs|
|2012-13||Rs 3 crores|
|2011-12||Rs 14 crores|
|2010-11||Rs 1, 57,000 lakhs|
Data was given STEM officials during administration meeting.
Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) commissioner Sanjeev Jaiswal’s term, a profit of 27 crore been registered 2015-16 financial year. This is after the Municipalties and Zilla Parishad had been given a 20 per cent discount on water bills
In STEM administration meeting on Thursday, which was chaired by STEM President and TMC commissioner Sanjeev Jaiswal stated that STEM in its first meeting in the beginning of the year reported a loss, the reason of the losses were rectified and they decided to increase the potential of the company. In the first few financial years electricity expenses were of Rs 2.5 crore, and, in last financial year they successfully brought down to 1.5 crores.
- Mumbai: 3 months into plastic ban, BMC collects Rs 1.1 crore in fines
- Monster job scam: Noida man arrested for duping Mumbai woman of Rs 1 lakh
- Mumbai Metro III: NGT tells activists to move appropriate authority
- Vietnam President Tran Dai Quang dies at 61 due to serious illness
- Global competition in South Korea: Mumbai firemen win world’s ‘toughest firefighters’ title