Mumbai: A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) was filed in the Bombay High Court today seeking a direction to Maharashtra government to register an offence against concerned persons for allegedly launching a website “glorifying” Mahatma Gandhi’s assassin Nathuram Godse.
The petition, filed by social activist Ketan Tirodkar, urged that the authorities may be directed to register an offence under section 121 of IPC which deals with ‘waging war against the nation.’ According to the PIL, the act of launching website amounts to committing the offence of ‘waging war against the nation’ and urged that action should be taken against those who had launched the website, “http://www.menathuramgodse.com.
The Contact page (of the website) reflects the address of Shivaji Nagar, Pune, of one Nana Godse, the PIL said and added that the petitioner had sent a complaint by e-mail to Mumbai and Pune Police but they have so far not registered any offence. The petitioner also offered to produce a copy of the complaint. The PIL is expected to come up for hearing in due course.
- Political throwback! When Lal Bahadur Shastri coined ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan’ slogan to make India self-sufficient nation
- Ravana was born in Noida village: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- Asia Cup 2018 Ind vs Pak: Confident India look to continue dominance over Pakistan (Preview)
- Rupee’s fall indicates rise in black money: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy
- PM Modi launches ‘Ayushman Bharat -Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana, world’s largest govt funded healthcare programme