Mumbai: A metropolitan magistrate’s court in suburban Andheri on Saturday issued a Non-Bailable Warrant (NBW) against liquor baron Vijay Mallya in a cheque bounce case.
The court had in May reserved its order on applications filed by the Airport Authority of India (AAI) seeking an arrest warrant against the industrialist.
AAI has filed two cheque bouncing cases against Mallya’s Kingfisher Airlines in the court. The two cheques worth Rs. 50 crores and Rs. 57 crores respectively were dishonored in year 2012.
In last hearing, the court had asked Mallya to remain present during the hearing of the said case but he was absent today as well.
The lawyer, who appeared for Mallya, told the court the Mallya’s passport is revoked and hence he cannot come and the matter should be heard without him.
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: Interesting facts about Ganesha’s favourite delicacy
- Sohrabuddin case: CBI seeks dismissal of PIL over Amit Shah’s discharge
- Mumbai: 2 arrested for stealing CMO official’s purse, mobile phone
- Government launches ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for giving security clearance to businesses
- There will be no Hindutva without Muslims in India: Mohan Bhagwat