On Sunday, a horrifying incident came to light, where a 45-year old real estate agent killed his wife by smashing her head with a stone and then stabbing her. The incident took place in Vashi. The couple also has an 11-year-old son.
According to a report in Hindustan Times, the accused believed his wife was having an extra-marital affair. The accused even told Snehal’s (wife) brother about his suspicion, a few months back he had even asked her to go back to her family. On Sunday, Snehal’s brothers called her up for some work, but she didn’t answer. And then he called her husband but he too didn’t answer.
“Scared, they went to their residence. The main entrance was locked. Through a window, they saw Snehal lying in a pool of blood. They broke open the door and took her to a nearby hospital. She was declared brought dead,” a police officer from Vashi police station told the leading daily.
The police have said that the accused killed his wife with a stone which is used for grinding spices, and also stabbed her with a knife. The police have registered a case under section 302 (punishment for murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The police are still to arrest the accused and has not disclosed the identity.
- India to probe how convicted Khalistani terrorist Jaspal Atwal got visa
- India more corrupt than China and Bhutan, but better than Pakistan and Bangladesh: Transperency International
- Allahabad HC dismisses plea seeking CBI probe into Yogi Adityanath’s alleged role in 2007 Gorakhpur riots
- Kolkata: Woman breaches security cordon, gets onto Mamata Banerjee’s dais
- Saudi Arabia to spend billions on Western-style entertainment