Mumbai: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) will register a complaint against three Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel who were deployed at the Sky Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower at Mumbai’s domestic airport in connection with the forceful checking of a senior AAI official.
This has been a breach of protocol wherein the senior AAI official who is exempted from security checks was forced to undergo, despite her showing the Identity proof and car details.
The AAI is set to take action after the vehicle of its Regional Executive Director, Western Region K Hemalatha was stopped at the gate of Sky ATC tower by the CISF personnel on Monday. The personnel asked her to step out of her government car to get frisked, even with AAI sticker pasted on the windshield.
Hemalatha is exempted from security clearance and frisking at all the ATC units of the 27 airports that come under the jurisdiction of AAI, Western Region.
Hemalatha informed the CISF that she is exempted from being frisked. After much hue and cry at the entrance gate of Sky ATC tower, she was allowed to enter ATC premises.
“It is not the first time that such an incident has occurred. The CISF personnel have done it repeatedly despite making four written and several oral complaints. I am not going to tolerate this nonsense. I was entering the ATC premises, which is not even an all active passenger lobby,” Hemalatha told the Free Press Journal.
- Mumbai Crime: Father arrested for sexually assaulting his teen daughter
- OMG! Did Ranbir Kapoor and Mahira Khan put the full stop to their relationship?
- ICC U-19 World Cup: India dismiss Zimbabwe for 154
- Karan Johar rubbishes rumours of roping Manushi Chillar for ‘SOTY 2’
- Kerala woman strangulates 15-year-old son to death for allegedly teasing her, sets body on fire