Mumbai: After visiting the slum rehabilitation authority project in Vikhroli, Naseem Khan, Member of Legislative Council, demanded a high-level probe into the alleged irregularities in the project and a stay on the project. The project that has been stuck for 22 years was recently mired into a controversy after Right to Information activist Sandeep Yevale accused BJP leaders, Omkar Realtors and former SRA chief Vishwas Patil of corruption.
Khan said, “It is such a shame that irregularities are carried on at this level and it goes unnoticed for years. Strict action should be taken against every SRA official involved in the project. Also, we will raise this issue in the Assembly and will make sure that a high-level inquiry into the matter is proceeded.”
Yevale produced Rs 40 lakh cash which he claimed was given to him as bribe by the developer in order to stop gathering information about the SRA project at Hanuman Nagar, Vikhroli. Yevle who is also a resident of Hanuman Nagar named BJP leaders, Kirit Somaiya and Ram Kadam who asked him to stop protesting against the irregularities of the project.
Yevale said, “I was even attacked by the developer’s goons. They offered me Rs 11 crore which I refused to accept. I had been filing RTI queries regarding our SRA project which is stuck since the past 22 years.”
Raising concerns over the misuse of SRA scheme, Yevale said that the government should stop this scheme. Yevale has decided to donate the cash to the Chief Minister’s relief fund and utilise Rs 60 lakh (also given him as a bribe) for organisations fighting against developers.
- India vs West Indies 1st ODI: FPJ’s dream 11 prediction for India and West Indies
- Mumbai Mega Block on Sunday, October 21; train service on Western line to be affected
- Rahul Gandhi kicks of Telangana campaign with attack on PM Narendra Modi and CM K. Chandrashekhar Rao
- Committed to building Ram temple in Ayodhya: BJP spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao
- I’m really excited for her: Priyanka Chopra on Meghan Markle’s pregnancy